Tex-Mex Air Fryer Hash Browns
21 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak potatoes in cool water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Drain the potatoes, dry them with a clean towel, and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Add them to the preheated air fryer basket. Set the timer for 18 minutes.
- Put bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno in the bowl previously used for the potatoes. Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, taco seasoning, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes from the air fryer to the bowl with the vegetable mixture. Return the empty basket to the air fryer and raise the temperature to 356 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Quickly toss the contents of the bowl to mix the potatoes evenly with the vegetables and seasoning. Transfer mixture into the basket. Cook for 6 minutes, shake the basket, and continue cooking until potatoes are browned and crispy, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Make sure to use fresh potatoes as old ones don't crisp well.
- Do not leave the seeds inside the peppers. They will burn and explode. If you want more heat, add extra jalapenos or use a spicier pepper like serrano or habanero.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 4.3 33.7 4 0 79 Full nutrition