Easy Chocolate Icebox Cake
19 made it | 0 reviews |
"People are very impressed when they eat this, because the cookies get soft and meld together with the cream. They think that somehow you made really thin strips of chocolate cake, and they can never figure out how you got them to stand up. Best if you make it the day before."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Beat 3/4 cup cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread a long rectangular layer of whipped cream, about 10 inches by 2 inches, onto a serving plate.
- Pour sherry into a flat-bottomed bowl. Dip a wafer cookie quickly into the sherry, spread one side of it with whipped cream, and stand it up on the layer of cream on the serving plate. Position a glass or can to hold the cookie up on the plain side, if necessary.
- Repeat, spreading cream on one side of a cookie and placing it next to the cream-covered side of the previous cookie. Continue until all cookies are used. Cover the cake with aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Unwrap the cake. Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Cover the cake on all sides with whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and almonds.
- Cook's Note:
- To serve, cut cake on a slight diagonal and it will present with great stripes.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 21.8 27.3 3.3 62 290 Full nutrition