Ingredients5 h servings 488
- Mix olive oil, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt together in a bowl. Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour marinade on top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan to a slow boil. Allow to boil for 15 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning. Cook until vinegar has reduced to half the original volume. Allow balsamic reduction to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 1/4 cup basil leaves, 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 a tomato on each piece of chicken. Roll chicken up and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add stuffed chicken breasts to skillet and sear on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Allow stuffed chicken breasts to rest 5 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 32.5 9.3 39.1 103 636 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I really enjoyed making this recipe. I wasnt able to marinate for four hours, only about two, so i added extra seasoning to be safe. I also used fresh mozzarella and baked my chicken for about...
I purchased this at the "Sprout's" market near me .. They sell several different stuffed breast in the meat section.... It's a farmers type that sells !!! EVERYTHING !!! But I did make the reduc...
So delicious!!! I'm definitely putting this in my keeper file! Due to poor planning on my part, I only ended up marinating the chicken about 30 minutes, but even so, it had plenty of flavor. Ve...
I made this recipe for a family dinner. I couldn’t marinate it for 4 hours so I made more marinade and flipped the chicken a few times. This was a big hit! So much so it’s been requested agai...