Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 288
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and salt. Saute until most of the water released from the mushrooms has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, reserving oil in the pan.
- Add leek, onion, carrot, and celery and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until vegetables are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and coriander. Return mushrooms to the pan; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add vinegar and cook 1 minute. Add stock and bring to a simmer for 1 more minute. Transfer contents of pan to a heat-resistant bowl and add 1/3 cup olive oil. Let sit 2 hours. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, turning once, about 8 minutes per side.
- Lay toasted bread on a plate and spoon marinated mushrooms on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use black currant vinegar in place of sherry vinegar. You can use 2 teaspoons whole coriander in place of ground.
- Wine pairing: pinot noir from Burgundy or the Russian River. Beer pairing: amber ale.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 10 39.4 8.8 < 1 618 Full nutrition