Mama Bevier's Fried Turkey Injection
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 133
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine water, Creole seasoning, poultry seasoning, flavor enhancer, bouillon, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring marinade to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Cool at least 1 hour.
- Return marinade to a boil, remove from heat, and allow to cool. Strain marinade through a cheesecloth-lined colander into a bowl and reserve seasonings. Return marinade to the saucepan over low heat. Add butter and heat until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool until safe to handle, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
- Cook's Notes:
- When broth has cooled enough to draw into the needle, inject the bird in a lot of different spots. Rub coarse seasoning inside and out and under the skin. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before frying or cooking, rub bird with coarse seasonings on the outside and inside once again. Heat peanut oil to 325 degrees F, then reduce heat to 300 degrees F and maintain that temperature. Cook 4 ½ to 5 minutes per pound of the bird. This recipe can be for baked turkeys as well.
- Inject the bird as much as possible; if any is left over, use as marinade or base for a gravy. The serving number reflects how many people I can feed with 1 bird.
Per Serving: 133 calories; 12.3 5.6 1.3 31 2057 Full nutrition