Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in rum. Mix in 1/2 of the butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture; mix well. Mix in remaining butter and flour. Fold in apples.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a mixture of any apples of your choice. If you use Granny Smith apples, they are tart so you may need more sugar.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 10.1 36.7 3 69 145 Full nutrition