Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 40 m servings 92
Original recipe yields 48 servings (6 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 6 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jelly is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Place apple juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan. Add pectin; bring juice to a rolling boil over high heat until pectin is dissolved. Slowly stir in sugar and bring mixture back to a rolling boil over high heat. Boil for 1 full minute.
- Remove mixture from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Wipe jars dry and fill with apple jelly. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, 12 to 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a more transparent jelly, you can strain the mixture through cheesecloth before pouring it into jars.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 0 23.7 0 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1