Apple Raisin Compote
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 130
Original recipe yields 14 servings (3 1/2 cups)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped apples and turn to coat. Cook apples, stirring frequently, until golden in color, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slowly stir maple syrup, water, brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon into the apples. Reduce heat and simmer until a thick syrup forms, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for several minutes to thicken. Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Cook's Notes:
- A mix of Fuji and Golden Delicious apples gives the best results. When choosing 2 types of apples, make sure one type is crisp and one is soft, as they create a better texture.
- If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 3.4 26.3 0.4 9 28 Full nutrition