0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 90
Original recipe yields 100 servings (100 coricos)
- Beat shortening and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Combine corn flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and flour in another bowl. Stir and add 1/2 of the mixture to the shortening mixture. Beat on low speed until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and knead with your hands until dough is combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll a small portion of the dough into a thin log; pinch ends together to form a small ring. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place coricos as closely together on the baking sheets as you like; they do not spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until coricos are golden brown all over, about 45 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cook's Notes:
- The corico dough is a very dry dough, so if you have trouble managing it, you can add some tablespoons of warm water to make it more manageable.
- Also, the original corico recipe does not use orange zest and cinnamon, so you can skip those and make the traditional.
Per Serving: 90 calories; 5.1 10.7 1.1 7 47 Full nutrition