Capirotada (Mexican Dessert)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch pudding )
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine water, piloncillo, cinnamon sticks, sugar, vanilla extract, and cloves in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened and reduced to a syrup, about 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread. Place slices in a large, flat baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, 10 to 15 minutes. Let butter dry.
- Grease a 9x13-inch cake pan and add 1/2 of the toasted bread. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese, walnuts, raisins, and apricots over the bread. Drizzle 1/2 of the syrup on top to fully coat the bread. Top with the remaining bread, cheese, walnuts, raisins, apricots, and syrup. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until lightly browned and heated through, about 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- Walnuts may be substituted for pecans or peanuts.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 14.1 56.6 8.4 17 288 Full nutrition