Autumn Salad with Butternut Squash
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I made this fall salad for a Thanksgiving potluck, wanting to use mostly seasonal ingredients. Any squash would work, but I am partial to the sweetness and color of butternut. I like salads to have a combination of cooked and raw, sweet and salty, soft and crunchy. Judging by the demands for the recipe, I think it was a winner!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 247
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until browned on the edges, stirring halfway through, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare pumpkin seeds. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, salt, paprika, and cumin. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add maple syrup, stir to coat, and remove from heat.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a glass jar with a screw-top lid. Tighten lid and shake vigorously to emulsify dressing.
- Layer mixed greens, persimmons, cooled butternut squash, feta, pomegranate seeds, and pumpkin seeds on a large platter. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette over salad and serve remainder alongside.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Squash, pumpkin seeds, and vinaigrette can all be prepared a few days before serving.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 15.1 26.6 4.2 13 446 Full nutrition