Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 dumplings)
- Whisk flour, vegan margarine, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl until fine crumbs form. Add water and mix to combine. Separate dough into 10 equal pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Chop each apple eighth into 4 chunks. Place apple chunks in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until soft but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine brown sugar, water, vegan margarine, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until butter has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Stir marinade and pour over cooked apples in the saucepan. Let apples marinate for 10 minutes.
- Flatten a piece of dough into a circle. Place 4 apple chunks in the center and wrap dough around; pinch to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and apples; reserve remaining marinade.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over dumplings on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook's Notes:
- After marinating apples in apple marinade mix, do not throw it out! You will need the remaining mix to drizzle over apples in the end.
- As an option, add lemon juice to the apples after boiling them to prevent browning.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 9 33.8 2.7 0 448 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1