Savory Steamed Vegan Dumplings
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 345
Original recipe yields 6 servings (24 dumplings)
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl and allow to sit until frothy, 10 to 15 minutes. Place mushrooms and tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain mushrooms and tomatoes, chop coarsely, and set aside.
- Combine flour and cane sugar together in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir well until mixture becomes kneadable; knead until well-blended. Add another 1 or 2 tablespoons of water only if needed to make dough moist enough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 5 minutes.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil. Form dough into a ball and place in the bowl; roll around to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow dough to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- While dough rises, heat canola oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add celery and cook for 1 minute. Add drained and chopped mushrooms and tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and cover the pan. Cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, combine miso paste, tamari, and liquid aminos in a bowl. Add mixture to the saucepan with the vegetables and mix well. Remove saucepan from heat and allow dumpling filling to cool until safe to handle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down in the bowl; let rest 15 minutes more. Transfer dough to a floured work surface and roll into a 12-inch log. Cut log into 24 even pieces. Use a rolling pin to roll each piece into a 3-inch circle.
- Put 1 heaping teaspoon filling in the center of each dough circle. Bring edges up like a pouch, twist, and press down gently to seal.
- Place a wet paper towel or a cabbage leaf inside a steamer insert and arrange dumplings on top. Allow dumplings to rise for 15 minutes.
- Place steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Steam dumplings until they appear shiny, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 345 calories; 8.7 60.2 11.9 0 694 Full nutrition