Fresh Peach Galette
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 381
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl. Pour in water slowly and mix with a bowl scraper until absorbed. Add vanilla extract. Slowly mash butter into the mixture using your fingers until well combined. Flatten dough into a saucer and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Place peaches in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Add sugar, vanilla paste, and cornstarch. Stir with a wooden spoon and let sit until peach juices are released, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll dough out to a thickness of no more than 1/4 inch. Cut out circles of dough using the rim of a cereal bowl. Place rounds 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Place 2 spoonfuls of the peach filling onto the center of each crust, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges.
- Fold in the edges of the crusts 1/4 inch toward the center of each galette, forming a short lip to keep the filling in the middle.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and bottoms have been cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vanilla extract for the paste if desired.
- Substitute flour for the cornstarch if preferred.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 23.4 38.7 4.3 61 384 Full nutrition