Simple Roasted Tomato Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
"Roasting Roma tomatoes with onions and a hint of red bell pepper gives this chicken broth-based tomato soup the ultimate flavor boost without a drop of cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 105
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line two 10x15-inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- Arrange tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper in a single layer on the prepared baking pans. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Add garlic; continue roasting until mixture is tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered.
- Meanwhile, put 1/2 of the tomato mixture in a blender. Cover and pulse 3 times, then blend until smooth, adding hot broth as needed. Pour into the pot with broth. Repeat with remaining tomato mixture, then stir into the pot until combined.
- Simmer soup to heat through, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley.
Per Serving: 105 calories; 5.7 11.1 4.1 3 518 Full nutrition