Ingredients50 m servings 223
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Next, cut in the cold butter using 2 forks or a pastry cutter then slowly mix in the egg yolk and cold water. Don't worry if the dough seems really crumbly; it should be!
- Press 1/2 of the crumble mixture into the prepared pan to make the crust. Save the rest for the top of the bars.
- Stir together peach slices, sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Evenly add peach filling to the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the peach filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, 30 to 38 minutes. Cool bars to room temperature, then cut and serve.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 10.2 31.2 2.1 43 36 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
7.23.18 FYI, I sliced three peaches to measure 2 cups. These baked up beautifully moist, luscious, fruity, and just full of fresh peach flavor. Followed the recipe to the letter, but in the fu...
Let me start by saying this was surprisingly simple to make even with the substitutions I ended up having to make. I had 5 large almost too ripe peaches so I doubled the recipe and used a 9 x 1...
The peach bars have good flavor, but the crust turned out a bit heavy for my taste. If I make it again, I'll use less of the crumb in the bottom crust and add more salt.
In the interest of full disclosure, I made these bars with blueberries, not peaches. I will make them with peaches next time. That said, these bars are poetry in bakery. They're tender and sweet...
Excellent recipe - so easy and so delicious. This will go into my summer dessert rotation!
Delicious! Only used half the amount of sugar. Was plenty sweet. I used 3 medium peaches, I think I will use 4. Next time, I like a lot of fruit.