Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 138
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 biscotti)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in 6 egg whites, one at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in figs with the wooden spoon.
- Divide the dough in two. Shape each half into a loaf about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place the loaves 4 inches apart on the baking sheet; flatten tops slightly with your hand. Beat remaining egg white until foamy and brush over the tops. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on the loaves after brushing on the egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut the baked loaves into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices using a serrated knife. Lay slices cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use 1 cup dried cranberries instead of figs and use almond extract instead of vanilla. Omit chocolate and cinnamon.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 4.5 22.8 2.7 8 78 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1