Pressure Cooker Chuck Roast with Veggies and Gravy
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This used to be a slow cooker meal that would take a full day to make... but now I have adapted it for the pressure cooker and the process now takes far less time. This is my go-to recipe for pot roast on a busy weekday. It uses inexpensive cuts of meat, namely beef chuck, made posh by the slow cooker. After years of tweaking others' recipes I think I found a good mix of high-quality pot roast while still being very quick and easy."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 250
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 pounds beef chuck)
- Mix celery soup and beef stew seasoning together in a small bowl to create a creamy paste.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker and select Saute function. Add chuck roast and cook until juices start to render and outside is browned, about 5 minutes per side. Add the paste mixture, broth, onion, and mushrooms. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 40 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add potatoes and carrots. Close, lock, and return cooker to high pressure. Cook for 15 minutes more.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 30 minutes. Transfer roast to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks; remove any excess fat. Run remaining liquid through a strainer into a separate bowl. Beat liquid with a whisk until well blended and emulsified, about 1 minute.
- Serve shredded roast on top of the vegetables and cover with gravy.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute white button mushrooms for the baby bella if desired.
- Skip the searing step if desired. Feel free to slice the roast instead of shredding it. Let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 14.1 14.7 15.5 54 633 Full nutrition