Thai-Style Ground Pork Skewers
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 262
- Combine pork, sugar, fish sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Dissolve baking powder in 1 tablespoon water and blend completely into the pork mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread a handful of the pork mixture through a skewer using lightly oiled hands. Shape meat into a 1-inch-thick sausage around the skewer. Repeat with the remaining pork and skewers.
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Cut each sausage into bite-sized pieces before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the meat seems too soft to hold its shape, chill the skewers for about 20 minutes after forming to firm them up again.
- If broiling: line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil it. Drop golfball-sized handfuls onto the sheet, fitting on as many as you can without allowing them to touch. With an oiled hand, slightly flatten each into a patty to about a 1/2-inch thickness. Broil until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 16.3 7.5 20.5 74 643 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Last night for dinner, served with left over rice and lightly stir fried veggies. We don't have a grill. I broiled these as long thin meat patties, without using the skewer. A few minutes under...
eh not a fan, followed the recipe as-is and I was less than impressed, maybe we just aren't a fan of the fish sauce. Not sure but won't be making again. Thanks anyway for your submission
Amazing! My picky husband loved them. Great as an appetizer on the stick or as a meal with rice. I accidentally put the baking powder in with the rest of the ingredients (missed the part about d...