Easy Leftover Meatloaf Empanadas
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 284
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 empanadas)
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add butter, egg, water, and vinegar. Combine, mashing with your hands, until dough is well blended and sticks together.
- Put meatloaf in a bowl and add chili powder, crushed bay leaves, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Mash together until well mixed.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add meatloaf and cook until hot and browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Flour a work surface and roll out dough. Cut out 10 circles.
- Add an equal amount of meatloaf filling to each circle. Fold dough over and use a fork to enclose and seal empanadas. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl and brush over empanadas.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Try using a cheese grater on the garlic; it is way faster than mincing. Also, the dough may rip, so be gentle.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 16.1 26.1 9.3 126 653 Full nutrition