Italian Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatloaf
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix beef, onion, 1/2 of the tomato sauce, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick rectangle on a sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Lift up the short side of the waxed paper to start rolling up the meatloaf. Roll tightly, peeling back paper as you go. Seal edges in place. Transfer meatloaf to a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Combine remaining tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; pour over meatloaf and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I sometimes like to add extra garlic - depends on who is coming over for dinner!
Per Serving: 277 calories; 17.1 8.7 21.4 89 682 Full nutrition