Marinated Brined Pork Chops
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 55 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 pork chops)
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add salt, sugar, sage, and garlic powder. Remove from heat and stir until mostly dissolved. Add cold water to cool the brining mixture. Place pork chops in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container. Add brining liquid, close tightly, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with about 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Drain pork chops, discarding brine. Place chops in the prepared dish and brush lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chops are no longer pink in the center and juice is clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 8.7 13.4 18.2 45 5874 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Didn't have 6 hours to marinate, so marinated only 2.5. It still came out delicious!