Grain Bowl with Blackened Shrimp, Avocado, and Black Beans
"This blackened shrimp salad bowl is big and bold in flavor and makes for a low-calorie meal packed with shrimp, brown rice, corn, crisp bell pepper, black beans, and avocado. Easy to create with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen/pantry. If you prefer to serve burrito-style, just heat up some flour tortillas and wrap it all up. Either way, it's delish!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 696
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water and dirty rice mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and set aside until needed.
- While rice is cooking, combine shrimp, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Mix corn, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil together in a bowl to make corn salad.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a food processor. Pulse until dressing is smooth.
- Assemble bowls by dividing cooked rice, cooked shrimp, corn salad, black beans, and sliced avocado evenly. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with lime wedges.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add more oil (or water) a little bit at a time to the dressing if you desire a smoother consistency.
- If prepping in advance, add sliced avocado and dressing just before serving.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 39.3 61.8 32.5 175 2032 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1