Grain Bowl with Blackened Shrimp, Avocado, and Black Beans
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 696
- Combine water and dirty rice mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and set aside until needed.
- While rice is cooking, combine shrimp, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Mix corn, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil together in a bowl to make corn salad.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a food processor. Pulse until dressing is smooth.
- Assemble bowls by dividing cooked rice, cooked shrimp, corn salad, black beans, and sliced avocado evenly. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with lime wedges.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add more oil (or water) a little bit at a time to the dressing if you desire a smoother consistency.
- If prepping in advance, add sliced avocado and dressing just before serving.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 39.3 61.8 32.5 175 2032 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
DEFINITELY RECOMMEND. Really flavorful and easy. I made it exactly as directed and it was spicy but not too hot. My kids loved it, and there were no leftovers. We had to add some milk to the...
This was a big hit, everyone loved it. Will be making again.