made it | 0 reviews |
"I needed a quick way to use up the last fruit in our fruit bowl (apples, apricots, and cherries), and this microwave applesauce recipe was born. The basic recipe has a great bold flavor and is very customizable; add different kinds of fruit or none at all. It also works well doubled. Fast, easy, and delicious way to get your 5-a-day!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 83
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine apples, apricots, cherries, honey, lemon juice, butter, sherry, cinnamon, and grains of paradise in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure there is at least 1 inch clearance above the mixture and leaving 1 corner open to vent.
- Microwave on high power for 10 minutes. Rotate the bowl a quarter turn halfway through if your microwave does not have a turn table. Uncover and microwave for 3 to 5 minutes if too much liquid was released by the fruit.
- Mash fruit with a potato masher until desired chunkiness is reached. Serve immediately or cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute black pepper for the grains of paradise if preferred.
- If you are just using apples, with no other juicy fruit, it may be necessary to add 1 tablespoon of water or another liquid.
Per Serving: 83 calories; 1.7 18.2 0.6 4 23 Full nutrition