Oven-Roasted Broccoli in Foil
Ingredients25 m servings 120
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine broccoli florets and olive oil in a bowl and toss to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay a large sheet of aluminum foil on a flat work surface. Transfer broccoli to the center of the sheet and fold edges in to create a sealed packet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove packet from oven and open aluminum foil to expose broccoli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return packet to the oven and continue baking until floret tips start to blacken and stalks are greenish-brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Experiment with different cooking lengths until you find your preference. My husband likes it when the stalk is still a light or bright green (about 15 minutes in). I prefer these when they are more brown. Consider adding crushed red pepper, pine nuts, roasted garlic, and lemon juice for some simple variations.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 8.6 7.9 5.2 4 194 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Not a big broccoli fan, but this was very good. Looking forward to having it again!
I've never liked broccoli, but this recipe has come the closest - I might actually make it again! I can't honestly say I "liked" it, but I didn't dislike it, so 4 stars simply for the impressive...