Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 92
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Slice off the top 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the head of garlic. Drizzle garlic with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in a baking pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle. Squeeze the cloves out of their skins; discard skins.
- Place garlic, tomatoes, almonds, roasted peppers, vinegar, and smoked paprika in a food processor or blender. Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until pureed, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and blend until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For real convenience, get a bag of pre-peeled garlic. Place on a parchment or nonstick foil, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil and bake till soft. When cool, store in a jar covered with olive oil or your favorite oil and store in the refrigerator. Use about 10 cloves for this recipe.
- Substitute lemon juice for the vinegar if desired.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 7.5 4.4 2 0 128 Full nutrition