Grandma Alma's Swedish Hardtack
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a delicious and yummy cracker passed down from my Swedish grandmother. It is a great and economical alternative to store-bought crackers and processed snacks. Big hit with kids, and a great way to sneak some healthier snacks into their everyday diet. Fast, easy, and great results!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 64
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Fold in butter. Mix in milk until dough comes together in a ball.
- Divide dough into thirds. Roll out very thinly on a floured surface using a Swedish or notched rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake crackers until tops are just very slightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use a regular rolling pin and score each cracker with a fork.
- Baking time varies according to thickness. Store in an airtight tin. Yummy for breakfast with a little butter or jam, great as an after school snack with with cheese, or use as a dip for hummus or guacamole.
Per Serving: 64 calories; 2.5 9 1.9 6 109 Full nutrition