Bat Wings (Halloween Sweet Wing Appetizer)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 262
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 pounds wings)
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, food coloring, onion powder, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning together in a bowl until paste dissolves completely. Carefully open the bag of chicken wings, keeping the seal intact. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, seal bag, and lay it flat in the refrigerator. Marinate, turning occasionally to coat and dye every piece, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour wings and marinade into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn wings and bake until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove wings from the sauce and place in a bowl or platter labeled 'Bat Wings.'
- Cook's Notes:
- Black food color paste can be found in the cake baking section of any large chain craft store. It may say 'icing color' but it actually has no flavor and won't water down your recipes like a liquid food color might. Liquid food coloring isn't strong enough for this recipe. The paste takes a while to dissolve so take time stirring it in. The food coloring paste will dye fabric. Use paper towels for cleanup instead of dish cloths.
- If some of the chicken skin tears, the flesh underneath may turn pink, purple, or green. This is perfectly normal and part of the fun!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 5.6 43.1 10.9 24 2158 Full nutrition