Stir-Fried Shanghai Noodles
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 432
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until noodles just start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add bean sprouts and cook, uncovered, until stems start to become translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in the ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat until starting to smoke. Add chicken, celery, green onions, garlic, and XO sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked noodles, cooked bean sprouts, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and brown sugar. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken stock; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes. more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute pork tenderloin for the chicken if desired.
- Feel free to substitute a pinch of red pepper flakes for the XO sauce and regular soy sauce for the mushroom-infused version.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 16.2 53.3 21.3 69 1032 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1