1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Italian crespelle are savory crepes, filled and baked in a bechamel sauce. They are traditionally served as a first course, for Sunday lunch, or any special occasion, as an alternative to the classic lasagna. You can easily make these into a main by serving with a fresh green salad on the side."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 659
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place dried mushrooms in a bowl, cover with warm water, and set aside for 1 hour. Drain well and chop.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook mushrooms for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until well combined. Pour in milk, 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring continuously. Cook and stir until a smooth, slightly thick sauce forms, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Fold reserved mushrooms into filling.
- Whisk together milk and eggs in a bowl. Stir in flour and whisk until you have a fairly thin, smooth batter.
- Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour 1 ladleful of batter into the hot pan and tilt pan immediately to evenly spread batter over the bottom. Cook until crespelle edges start turning light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip crespelle and cook other side for 1 more minute. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1 tablespoon of cream over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Fill each crespelle with a generous amount of mushroom mixture. Roll up and lay side by side, seam down, into the prepared baking dish. Pour remaining cream on top and sprinkle with 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can prepare crespelle and filling ahead of time, store in the refrigerator, and bake just before serving.
Per Serving: 659 calories; 39.6 53.4 24.1 200 442 Full nutrition