Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 393
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until barely tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Once cool enough to handle, peel and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet and cook onion and spring onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Season with paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Remove beef mixture from heat, add potatoes and olives, and mix well. Stir in chopped hard-boiled eggs and set filling aside to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Place an empanada pastry round on a flat surface and lightly wet edges with warm water. Put a large tablespoon of cooled filling in the center and fold pastry over. Seal edges by pressing with a fork. Repeat with remaining rounds and filling. Transfer empanadas to the prepared baking sheets and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Get the recipe for Authentic Empanada Pastry Dough. You can make it ahead of time and keep the dough rounds in the freezer until you're ready to use them.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 15.2 51.5 15.1 69 501 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1