Homemade Lasagna Sheets
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place flour on a marble or wooden work surface. Make a well in the center and crack in eggs; add salt. Gently beat eggs using a fork, incorporating the surrounding flour, until mixture is runny. Bring remaining flour into the mixture using a bench scraper until dough forms a ball. Mix in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough feels too stiff.
- Knead dough with your hands by flattening the ball, stretching it, and folding the top towards the center. Turn 45 degrees and repeat until dough is soft and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Take one piece and flatten it a bit with your hands. Dust a work surface with flour and roll dough out using a rolling pin 5 to 6 times. Turn the dough 45 degrees and roll out again, 5 to 6 times. Keep rolling and turning in the same way until the dough is evenly very thin. When you hold up the dough, you should be able to see your fingers through it.
- Cut the pasta into rectangular sheets to fit your baking dish using a pastry wheel or a knife. Transfer lasagna sheets to a floured kitchen towel and let air-dry about 30 minutes before assembling.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you want to pre-make the pasta, air-dry it overnight, dusting with more flour if it's still too wet. Once completely dry, it will become stiff. Store in a paper bag, and use within a couple of days.
- If using a pasta machine, divide dough into 3 equal portions. Flatten 1 portion and pass through the thickest setting of the machine. Dust with flour, fold in half like a book, and repeat 3 to 4 times - always flouring, folding, and passing through the thickest setting - until dough is smooth in texture, even in size, and no longer sticky. Set the machine to a middle setting and pass each sheet through once more. Move to the next-to-last setting and pass through again. Cut 1 long strip in half. Pass the first half through the thinnest setting. Place this very long and thin sheet on a floured cloth. Repeat with remaining dough to make 6 long sheets. Trim sheets to fit your baking dish. Air-dry for 30 minutes, assemble, and bake.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 4.8 49.2 12.8 140 93 Full nutrition