Slow Cooker Tacos al Pastor
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 30 m servings 398
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 tacos)
- Place pineapple, onion, chipotle peppers plus 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce, guajillo chiles, chile de arbol, garlic, and oregano in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add orange juice, vinegar, achiote powder, salt, cumin, lime zest, chile powder, and black pepper. Mix sauce well.
- Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cover and cook on Low until pork is very tender, 7 to 9 hours. Begin heating tortillas 35 to 40 minutes before pork is done.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Cook tortillas one at a time until brown spots appear, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Plate tortillas in stacks of two for each taco.
- Shred pork using 2 forks; mix to coat with the sauce. Scoop pork onto tacos using a slotted spoon. Top each with a portion of pineapple, cilantro, and onion.
- Cook's Notes:
- Either achiote powder and paste will do.
- Substitute pork shoulder for the loin if desired.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 14.2 43.2 26 65 544 Full nutrition