Boba (Coconut Milk Black Tea with Tapioca Pearls)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 642
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 glasses)
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot. Pour in tapioca and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and let balls sit in water for 25 minutes.
- Return stockpot to the heat; simmer and stir for 25 minutes more. Remove from heat and let rest again until centers of the balls are no longer powder, another 25 minutes. Drain.
- Combine brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl. Pour tapioca balls into the sugar mixture. Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes while preparing the tea.
- Process tea, coconut cream, ice, milk, and sugar together in a blender until combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the tapioca into each tall glass and fill with tea. Enjoy with large straws to suck up the tapioca, or use spoons.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a more pronounced black tea taste, use Hong Kong-style tea bags.
- Substitute half-and-half for the milk if desired.
Per Serving: 642 calories; 28.5 98.5 4.6 4 47 Full nutrition