Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Make slits in the eggplant using a knife; insert garlic cloves into slits. Place eggplant in a baking dish.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes more. Add chile powder and salt and cook until onions are completely soft, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Bake eggplant in the preheated oven until soft enough to peel and mash, 15 to 20 minutes. Peel eggplant and place in a bowl. Mash eggplant and garlic to a paste with no large lumps.
- Add mashed eggplant to the skillet with the tomato mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add yogurt and mix well. Cover skillet and simmer 5 minutes more; excess oil should appear at the bottom.
- Add green chiles and mint leaves to the skillet and increase heat to high. Cook until excess liquid has cooked off, 4 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You will need 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of eggplant for this recipe.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 14.9 38.5 7.2 < 1 185 Full nutrition