Ingredients20 m servings 280
- Combine chile powder, vinegar, oregano, water, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, cumin seeds, sugar, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix until the salt and sugar are dissolved in the liquids.
- Break up pork in a bowl. Pour in spice mixture and knead thoroughly. Use immediately or refrigerate to let flavors meld, 8 hours to overnight.
- Cook and stir in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This can be frozen for several months in tightly wrapped packages.
- For a delicious breakfast treat, brown a few ounces of chorizo in a pan and then crack in a few eggs, folding the eggs into the sausage. Top with shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese and serve with salsa.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 17.6 7.6 21.7 74 1077 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Flavors in the chorizo were very good. This was easy to make and so much healthier than store bought--no mystery ingredients and not swimming in grease as Soup Loving Nicole described! I didn't ...
This is spot on! I am very impressed with this recipe. It did have one flaw but I am still giving it 5 stars. The flaw is the salt. I like salt but this was way too salty and hubby agreed. He sa...