Broiled Burgers with SPAM®
"Here's a unique recipe that has been in my spouse's family for 3 generations. It was probably created during World War II as a new way to prepare SPAM®, which was widely used in that time of shortages and rationing. These open-faced sandwiches are delicious and economical and are loved by his entire family. They are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 386
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 open-faced burgers)
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Combine luncheon meat, eggs, Cheddar cheese, and onion in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Spread meat mixture over hamburger bun halves. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until brown and bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Monterey Jack cheese for the Cheddar if desired.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 25.2 25.3 14.5 114 993 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1