Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 20 m servings 3
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 4 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until sauce is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Combine vinegar, water, serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook sauce for 50 minutes.
- Run sauce through a tomato mill or a fine-mesh sieve 3 times.
- Pack sauce into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 3 calories; 0 0.5 0.1 0 19 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1