Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 25 m servings 46
Original recipe yields 128 servings (8 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 8 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust; discard any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Toast the almonds in an ungreased skillet until lightly colored, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place crushed blueberries and blackberries in a large pot and add pectin. Slowly bring to a full rolling boil. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir to dissolve. Return to a full rolling boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Skim off any foam with a ladle or a large spoon.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in gin and toasted almonds.
- Ladle jam immediately into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 46 calories; 0.1 11.7 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1