Elote Bowl with Grilled Pineapple
"This recipe turns one of my favorite street foods into a delicious meal and is a strong contender for my family's favorite 'meatless Monday' dish. The mix of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors turn an ordinary weeknight into a fiesta. Additional garnishes, if desired, include black beans, avocado, pico de gallo, fresh tomato salsa, chipotle salsa, salsa verde, jalapenos or green chile, roasted/sliced poblano pepper, or lemon pepper."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 817
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush pineapple and corn with oil and place carefully on the grill. Cook pineapple until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Flip and leave on heat just until grill marks appear on the second side, about 3 minutes more; do not overcook, as pineapple will become mushy.
- Grill corn, turning throughout, until somewhat charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from grill and cool until safe too handle. Cut kernels off cobs into a bowl.
- Assemble 2 bowls by spooning equal amounts of rice into the bottom and topping each with 1/2 the roasted corn kernels. Spoon crema over over corn and drizzle with hot sauce. Add 2 to 3 pineapple rings to each bowl and top with cotija cheese and cilantro. Add salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use canned pineapple and corn instead of fresh. You can substitute queso fresco or feta cheese for the cotija. You can use a lemon in place of lime.
Per Serving: 817 calories; 20.4 158.1 15.5 35 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1