Mashed Pumpkin with Bay Leaves
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Sometimes I make this buttery pumpkin mash as a side dish instead of mashed potatoes. You can use any kind of winter squash or pumpkin."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 278
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place squash cut-side up on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash flesh is soft and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup butter and bay leaves in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow bay leaf flavor to infuse butter.
- Scrape the squash flesh from the skin into a bowl using a spoon. Remove bay leaves from butter; discard leaves. Pour butter over squash and mash everything with a fork. Season with salt. Stir in maple syrup.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 17.7 31.6 3.4 46 330 Full nutrition