Roasted Butternut Squash Cream Soup with Ginger
"This is our favorite butternut squash soup and the whole family loves it. I usually make a huge pot of soup and freeze parts of it before adding the cream. I like my soup thick, so I don't add a ton of vegetable broth, but feel free to thin it out with more broth."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 327
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush cut side of butternut squash with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peel is crinkly and butternut squash is soft, about 40 minutes. Scrape flesh into a bowl with a spoon and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash flesh, 2 cups hot broth, and ginger. Season with ginger, curry, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors are well combined, about 15 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add more hot broth for a thinner soup. Stir in cream and season to taste with sugar, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you love ginger, cut ginger in small pieces and blend with the soup. If you would prefer to just have a taste, slice and remove before blending.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 14.1 51.4 5.1 37 269 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious and easy to make!! The whole family liked it. I’ll definitely make it again.