Homemade Sunflower Dog Treats
made it | 0 reviews |
"I've started making my own dog food, and these are the perfect little treats for your furry children! Whole grain cookies with flax seeds and sunflower seeds will make your dog pay attention!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 10
Original recipe yields 100 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine flour, sunflower seeds, oats, flax seeds, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl and beat using an electric mixer until well combined. Add to the bowl with the flour and combine. Add chicken broth and olive oil and mix well.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for 1 to 2 minutes. Roll out dough thinly using a rolling pin, and cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave cookies in warm oven to crisp for 30 more minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- These dog biscuits require the use of wheat flour, which some dogs are sensitive to. If so, it's easy to modify this recipe. Simply replace 1 cup of wheat flour with 1 1/4 cup of rye or oat flour or 3/4 cup, rice, barley, or potato flour.
Per Serving: 10 calories; 0.5 1.1 0.4 4 12 Full nutrition