Homemade Dog Liver Bites
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This homemade dog food is so easy to make with only 4 to 5 ingredients. A blender, liquidizer, or food processor is a great bonus and saves too much mess (but can be made without one, you just have to chop the liver well). They freeze very well. I have been making these yummy bites for my dogs for over 20 years and have not yet had a complaint! I make double or triple the mix so I always have some spare for doggy visitors. Great to chop/crumble up and put on regular dog food if pooch has lost his appetite. Also can conceal pills very well too."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 25
Original recipe yields 50 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Add oats to the bowl of a food processor; pulse for 10 to 15 seconds until finely chopped. Pour into a large bowl and add flour. Add liver to the food processor and process until smooth, 10 to 15 seconds. Add eggs and blend until well combined, about 10 seconds. Add oil for a little flavor and process.
- Add liver mixture to oat and flour mixture and stir until well blended. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch but not hard and crispy, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut into doggy-bite-sized pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use beef liver instead of chicken liver. Store extra bites in the refrigerator or freezer if you make a double batch.
Per Serving: 25 calories; 0.8 3 1.4 24 5 Full nutrition