Grain-Free Homemade Dog Food
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This homemade dog food is full of fresh, wholesome ingredients for your favorite pet. I ask the local butcher for the freshest minced chicken and chicken hearts."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 95
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken hearts; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour into the bowl a food processor and chop. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add minced chicken to the frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly white throughout and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While minced chicken is cooking, place carrots, apples, pears, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and French beans into the bowl of the food processor. Blend until finely chopped.
- Stir cooked chicken hearts into the frying pan with the cooked minced chicken. Spoon chopped vegetable-fruit mixture into the pan. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until vegetables are lightly cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool fully, about 30 minutes. Divide into portions and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Although this meal is well balanced, I always supplement with a variety of vitamins, minerals, and oils based on my dog's unique needs.
- The yield from this recipe will feed my 14-pound dog about 20 meals. I tend to freeze 2 portions at once, so that I can remove and defrost easily per day.
- In large quantities, apple seeds are toxic to dogs, so be sure to remove and discard these safely.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 3.4 8.8 7.8 69 57 Full nutrition