Hawaii Five-O So Good Ice Cream
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 432
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 quart)
- Drain pineapple in a fine-mesh colander. Reserve 1 cup of the syrup and refrigerate until use.
- Place pineapple, heavy whipping cream, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cubed luncheon meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes. Flip with a spatula every 2 minutes so all sides brown nicely. Add reserved pineapple syrup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar to the skillet; continue cooking until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the meat caramel is cooling, pour cold pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Add dragon fruit in the last 5 minutes of churning.
- Pour the ice cream into an airtight, freezer-safe bowl. Fold in the meat caramel. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to substitute a cup of your favorite fruit if dragon fruit is unavailable.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pineapple syrup. The actual amount of syrup consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 29.1 41.3 5.1 99 368 Full nutrition