Helado de Cinco
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 332
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 quart)
- Cut the papaya in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp. Spoon out the flesh and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add heavy whipping cream, brown sugar, and seasoning to the blender or food processor; blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Place the mixture into an airtight bowl and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes.
- Add chopped strawberries in the last 5 minutes of churning.
- Cook's Note:
- For an unusual topping and a way to make the most of your papaya, rinse the seeds and spread them out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 170 degrees F (77 degrees C) for 2 hours or until the seeds are dry and resemble black peppercorns. Grind the seeds in a pepper grinder (coffee grinder works good too) and sprinkle over the top of the ice cream.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 22.2 34.1 1.7 82 156 Full nutrition