Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 148
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and flax seeds in a bowl; make a well in the center.
- Place spinach, applesauce, avocado, apple, milk, apple, sugar, canola oil, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
- Pour the spinach puree into the well of the flour mixture and mix well. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For a much healthier option, substitute the self-rising flour with 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Use coconut oil instead of canola oil. Add 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup peanut butter to the blender mixture. These substitutes make the muffins a great option for meals on the go.
- These freeze well. To warm up, lightly cover a frozen muffin with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for15 seconds, or until heated through.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 5.5 21.8 3.1 16 244 Full nutrition