made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 18 m servings 318
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place beans in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add enough fresh water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, and rinse.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans and salt. Fry until beans are very soft, stirring and mashing frequently, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler on low heat.
- Spread an equal amount of beans on each slice of bread and sprinkle queso on top. Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil until beans are warmed and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and top with chile-garlic sauce.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 8.2 43.8 17.1 10 1171 Full nutrition