Crispy Catfish and Green Mango Salad (Yum Pla Dook Foo)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place catfish on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until flesh is opaque, 10 to 15 minutes. Flake into large pieces with a fork. Lay the flaked fish out on a plate to dry.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Fry fish in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Try not to break up the fish too much in the pan.
- Toss mango, shallots, cilantro, green onions, peanuts, fish sauce, lime juice, Thai chiles, and sugar together in a large bowl. Toss in crispy catfish at the very last minute. Check the seasoning; the salad should taste sour, hot, and salty, with a slight sweetness at the end.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute whole catfish with 3/4 pound catfish, sole, or haddock fillet if desired. Roast fillets at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- You can substitute sour green apple for the green mango.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 17.6 15.5 16.2 48 1209 Full nutrition